What teas are used?
- Most products are made with loose leaf Jasmine Green Tea, Chamomile, Rooibos, or Black Tea. The moisturizer and lip balm are made with Matcha.
What are the Benefits of Tea on Skin
“Tea is a superstar in the natural skin-care world,” says Theresa Krier, founder of Big T NYC, a brand that makes curated and bespoke teas and tisanes. “It’s packed with a host of vitamins, amino acids, and catechins that work holistically to slow aging, stimulate collagen production, reduce body fat, and maintain healthy skin cells. Tea also combats dehydration, a major culprit of dull skin.”
Tea is also inherently rich in antioxidants. “It has EGCG, which is a type of antioxidant that is really well-known for boosting metabolism, but also is great for fighting free radicals that cause skin damage and premature aging,” says Krier.
Think of it as a super easy (and delish) way to drink your skin-loving nutrients while getting a hydration boost. “We like to think of it as water plus,” says Krier. “It’s just as good as drinking a cup of water in terms of hydration, but you’re getting the added benefit of all sorts of antioxidants and the great flavors that come along with it.”
What other ingredients are used? How Beneficial are they?
* Coconut oil is so beneficial for the skin. It’s great at hydrating and decreasing water loss in dry skin. It might also help speed up wound healing! It is also naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal.
* Almond oil is a nice, mild oil that is hypoallergenic. It also contains a lot of vitamin E, which is a great antioxidant.
* The sugar makes an awesome natural exfoliant and will help remove dead skin cells. Sugar is also a humectant, which means it will help draw moisture into the skin to help keep it hydrated.
What are in the products?
* Hand Soap & Soap Massager - Castille, Glyerin, Chamomile, and Lemongrass essential oil
* Body Scrub - Organic sugar, Almond Oil, and Green Tea
* Bath Teas - Epsom Salt & Green Tea
* Moisturizer - Coconut Oil and Matcha
* Body Oil - Coconut Oil, various teas, and essential oils
* Lip Balm - Beeswax, Honey, and Matcha